Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Naked

Corpse on Pumpkin, Portland, OR, 2011
I like this picture a lot. It's in my Top 5 photos of myself.

Jesus, does that sound narcissistic, or what?

But really--after a few thousand squillion photos, it's hard to find a true stand-out, where you see yourself being portrayed in a way you wouldn't have expected.

Jaret's good at that--a lot of the models he works with are pretty prolific, and you see them everywhere. But through simple portraiture, he shows them in a new light--somber, naked, vulnerable, destroyed, doubtful, or defiantly strong.

This was taken during a really, really strange and difficult time in my life. I don't know if that makes any difference, but perhaps it does. I feel like it shows. Maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment