Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gam zeh ya'avor

Ted Williams, Mt. Diablo State Park, CA, 2012
Just got back from an amazing week at Yosemite...but that's another story.
Off to Burning Man tomorrow.

This is an infrared photo from a recent shoot--it was 105 degrees outside. Ted got nine ticks but I got zero [despite being the naked one]! Whoohoo!

Anyway, I have a riddle for you:

What's one sentence that will make any sad man happier, and any happy man sadder?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"This too shall pass."
 
This has recently become a mantra of mine in times of both happiness and sadness--in times of euphoria, frustration, peace, boredom.

Keeps me moving and keeps things in perspective--lends me resilience when things suck, and cultivates my gratitude when things are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment