Friday, August 10, 2012

I've got that summertime sadness

L Raye, South Bay Area, CA, 2012
Isn't it gaaahgeous? I love the composition and contrast. All credit due to Larry on this one...all I'm doing here is leaning on a tree and flashing my tits [and pits!], after all. 8P

Anyway, this shoot was pretty recent. Very laid back and a lot of fun--at one point I was walking through a giant field of gloop. Really, it was gloop--squidgy bottom-of-the-pond sort of sucky-squelchy, goose-poop-infused mud. I kept sinking in it and getting semi-stuck. I don't know about you, but I found it a lot of fucking fun [really, I did!] but I'm into shit like that.

I realize that my recent posts have either had nothing to do with modeling...or they've been a bit on the negative, chastising side. I don't think they've been unconstructive, formless bitching--but certainly negative. Rest assured that a good, fat portion of my experience as a model has been richly rewarding and fun--and at some point I'll get around to writing more about the good stuff, and giving more acknowledgment to the really amazing people I've met.

Admittedly, I've been more socially reclusive than usual this summer. Lots of nitty-gritty internal-existential work to be done [what else is new?]...but I've still been living at least as fully as ever.
As a stark departure from the sort of music I generally seek out, I've been listening to a lot of Lana del Rey lately. Her "image" is obnoxious and I usually don't care for poppy-trendy-sadcorey music like hers...but for some reason her stuff strikes me and earworms its way into my head for days, and I'm more-or-less okay with that. Perhaps it's because her voice is kind of similar to mine [in terms of range and tone quality]--except of course that I'd say hers is better, in a league I aspire to yank my own voice into with time. Mreh.

Still not modeling a whole lot--pretty much only working with long-time correspondents and collaborators--but I've been modeling some. The photo above proves it, and there are more to come. 8]
This would be a good time for me to throw in a little notey-note: If you've been wanting to shoot with me, please just get in touch! I'm almost always on semi-hiatus...meaning I'm rarely modeling full-time these days as it's become increasingly tougher to choke down a living through modeling alone--much less to do so while not spending every hour of every day hunched over a computer--but I'm ALSO rarely on a complete no-modeling-at-all hiatus, so there's always room to squeeze in shoots here and there with enthusiastic artists and good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment