Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Koo koo kachoo

YouAtHome Photo, San Jose, CA, 2010

Some nostalgia for you--this is from one of my first shoots ever.

It was a lot of fun, and I'm particularly fond of these because they mark the first time I'd done a shoot where the photographer allowed me significant creative control instead of micromanaging me to death.

I'd make suggestions for compositions and concepts and he'd roll with them, every time. Sometimes they didn't work out, but they often did--and I was more focused on having fun, anyway.

Even NOW, I'll work with photographers who claim they're seeking creative collaboration--and when I come up with a concept, they go, "...Nah. Let's just go back to you leaning on that tree." Boooring.

The only unfortunate thing is that I decided to montage the photos in this ugly way [with permission]. I thought it'd be a good idea. Now I don't have the originals. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment