Friday, July 20, 2012

What's to come

Bob Freund, Sudbury, MA, 2011
So I've really started getting into yoga. REEEEALLY started getting into it.

Bob Freund, Sudbury, MA, 2011
I've been doing at least one hour [often two or three] of intensive yoga practice--various styles, either extremely strength-and-balance-focused [power yoga or stronger vinyasa flow routines], or very deep stretching [yin yoga or slow flow]. Per day.

Bob Freund, Sudbury, MA, 2011
These photos were all taken BEFORE my current yoga kick took off. I haven't done any crazy figure work in a while and I'm extremely excited to see what sort of posing I'm now capable of--my strength, balance, flexibility and focus/gracefulness/flow have all been improved upon. Hint, hint! 8]

Paul Ward, Brooklyn, NY, 2011
Not that anyone particularly cars, but I've been really into this thing called Shadow Yoga, which I discovered by accident through a Power class. The movements are beautiful and rather ambitious--I've been humbled quite a bit through the learning process. Even more so, I've been REALLY interested in Tantric yoga [it's not what it sounds like], and since last winter have been into Unnata [aerial silk hammock] yoga.

Paul Ward, Brooklyn, NY, 2011
Anyway, tomorrow marks my first day of an intensive, 24/7 massage therapy course in Mariposa. At the end of it I should have enough hours to get my California Practitioner License [though I'm not yet sure which state I'm going to be based in this winter]. I'm quite excited. 8]

No comments:

Post a Comment