Monday, April 8, 2013

Seamless


Betcha can't guess how this photo was taken [nor what with].
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Answer: 

Taken with a cell phone by a dear friend [not a self-described photographer, but with gifted with an excellent eye nonetheless].
We were trudging through the neighborhood in which I grew up, and wandered into an underground irrigation tunnel with water up to the ankles [not the most hospitable place--it's pitch dark and in the past I'd found dead rats putrefying in the water].
This photo is of me standing underneath a manhole cover, which let in a small spotlight of sunlight that illuminated me from above, like an alien UFO beam [as portrayed in cartoons, anyway].

I realize I've been posting a lot of candid shots lately, rather than portfolio-overflow. I suppose I've been in a somewhat sentimental mood; bear with me.
Anyway, art and life can bleed together quite seamlessly, I've found.
At least when you're living well, and are maintaining a healthy perspective on art. 8]

No comments:

Post a Comment