Thursday, April 4, 2013

D'aw


So I wouldn't call this a modeling photo, per se [though how exactly does one define a "modeling photo" anyway? When does candid art cross over and become mere documentation...or does it, ever?]

However, it is one of my very favorites and it's not exactly Facebook-friendly, so I am posting it here. Close enough.

Film photo of myself, being deliriously happy, and Meghan [fellow art model and one of my closest friends] at Burning Man 2012. She's been hiding in Mexico for a good portion of the last couple years, and I miss her right now, which is so excellent--isn't it such a great thing to have people to miss?

We always talk about it like it is such a sad thing, but there's something so precious about having someone to miss, and to note that feeling of deprivation with relish rather than anxiety.

Much better than the alternative, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment